- General Information
- Student Employment
- Employee Benefits
Annual Time Benefit Allotments:
Four categories of time benefits are allotted to full-time employees each year based on years of service. For those with broken service, half credit for previous years of full-time service is awarded, and a “time benefit” date is used instead of “hire date” to determine number of days allotted.
- Sick time and Short Term Disability Bank (STDB) are front-loaded on the employee’s time sheet January 1 each year. See page 29 of the Employee Information Guide for specific allotments. STDB and STD Carryover are used by permission from Human Resources with a Cerification of Physician form completed by the employee’s doctor.
- Vacation and Personal time are accrued on the last day of each month at the rate of 1/12 of the annual allotment. The amount allotted is based on the employee’s hire date (or time benefit date for an employee with broken service). See pages 30 (Personal time) and 32 (Vacation time) for specific allotments. Vacation and Personal time are used by written permission in advance from supervisor.
All time benefits except Vacation may be used in 15-minute increments. Vacation may be used in a minimum of 1-hour increments.
Waiting Period for New Employees to Use Benefits:
- There is no waiting period to use Sick, STDB, and Personal time.
- There is a 3-month waiting period to use Vacation time, unless the new employee has transitioned from part-time to full-time work in the same department.
Carryover of Time Benefits:
- Up to 5 unused sick days carry over to the Short Term Disability (STD) Carryover bucket at the beginning of each year, and they keep carrying over each year until they are used. To preserve STD time, when a person qualifies to use it, it is recommended that the STDB be used first and STD Carryover be used last.
- Up to 2 days of unused personal days carry over to the next calendar year. Employees must be careful to use all but 2 days each year by December 31 to avoid losing any.
- Up to 10 days of unused vacation days carry over to the Vacation Carryover bucket the next calendar year. Employees must be careful to use all but 10 days each year by December 31 to avoid losing any.
- Deaths: Paid time off is granted to attend funerals for close relatives. Specific relatives are indicated on page 31 of the Employee Information Guide. (Aunts, uncles, and cousins are not included.)
- Births: Male employees: For an employee whose wife is having a baby, one day is granted so that he can be with his wife when the baby is born. Female employees: For an employee having a baby, one day is granted in addition to other time benefits (STDB, STD Carryover, Sick, Personal, Vacation). See also the description of Family and Medical Leave (Employee Information Guide, page 11) regarding additional unpaid time off for those who qualify.
- Jury Duty: Up to 20 paid days off per fiscal year (July 1-June 30). Endorse the check for court pay and send it to the Moody Payroll Department.
- Military Leave: The combined length of all military absences is not to exceed 5 years (excluding exempt periods). See pages 13-16 of the Employee Information Guide for details.
- Other Unpaid Leaves
- Up to 10 days (Employee Information Guide page 16) for an employee with at least 2 years of service.
- Up to 30 days (Employee Information Guide pages 16-17) for an employee with at least 2 years of service and promise to work a year beyond the end of the leave..
Family and Medical Leave: View EIG (pages 24-26) for eligiblity requirements. Click here to view FMLA poster. Contact Benefits Administrator, Erica Loring, to request FMLA.